The Eliceiri lab, also known as the Laboratory for Optical and Computational Instrumentation, is an interdisciplinary biophotonics laboratory at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
LOCI plays a very active role in the ImageJ community:
- LOCI launched the ImageJ2, SCIFIO and SciJava Common projects, and continues to drive their development.
- LOCI leads maintenance of the Fiji project.
- LOCI founded the Bio-Formats project, and led the project’s development for several years.
- LOCI regularly funds and hosts hackathons intended to foster community development of open source biological software projects.
- LOCI hosts the
imagej.netweb services, as well as related services including
- LOCI currently funds core Micro-Manager development work.
- LOCI maintains the LOCI update site, which offers miscellaneous ImageJ plugins developed by its members.
The following people at LOCI are involved in ImageJ-related development and/or support:
- Kevin Eliceiri (principal investigator)
- Sam Griffin (lab administrator)
- Curtis Rueden (software architect)
- Mark Tsuchida (programmer, Micro-Manager)
- Mark Hiner (programmer, Sep 2010-Jun 2016, Jun 2020-current)
- Ellen TA Dobson (scientist)
- Edward Evans (post doc)
- Gabriel Selzer (graduate student programmer, ImageJ Ops and PyImageJ)
See also the complete list of LOCI lab members on the LOCI website.
The following alumni worked on ImageJ-related projects during their time at LOCI:
- Dasong Gao (programmer, FLIMJ, Nov 2017-Dec 2020)
- Alison Walter (programmer, Sep 2014-May 2018)
- Leon Yang (programmer, Sep 2015-May 2017)
- Alec Neevel (sysadmin, Jul 2015-Jan 2017)
- Zach Petersen (programmer, SLIM Curve C library, Jun 2015-May 2016)
- Md Abdul Kader Sagar (maintainer, SLIM Curve, 2014-2020)
- Johannes Schindelin (senior developer, Sep 2011-Nov 2014)
- Aivar Grislis (programmer, SLIM Curve, Jan 2010-Dec 2013)
- Barry DeZonia (programmer, ImageJ2, Jan 2010-Nov 2013)
- Rick Lentz (programmer, ImageJ2, Dec 2009-Feb 2011)
The following alumni worked on the Cookbook project as students:
- Aparna Pal (January 2014 - May 2015)
- Katie Hildebrand (June 2013 - December 2013)
- Amanda MacAllister (June 2013 - December 2013)
- Ruizhi “Ray” Liao (November 2013 - December 2013)
- Gabby Campagnola (June 2013 - August 2013)
See also the complete list of LOCI lab alumni on the LOCI website.