What is Curtis working on?
Last updated: 2021-Jun-09
- [Summer 2021] ImageJ and Fiji component updates.
- [Summer 2021] (with Edward Evans and Mark Hiner) PyImageJ paper. (roadmap)
- [Fall 2021] (with Gabriel Selzer and Mark Hiner) SciJava Ops + ImageJ Ops2 (roadmap), including JPMS/Jigsaw modularization and migration of SciJava foundational libraries to Java 11.
- [Winter 2021] Maven-based ImageJ Launcher. And migrate ImageJ and Fiji to ship with Java 11. Use a Java-6-compatible stub classpath that checks your Java version and tells you how to upgrade to Java 11 if needed. Retire the Java-8 update site, using Maven coordinates instead.
- GitHub issue reporting plugin. The Fiji BugZilla and ImageJ Trac are now static content only. The Report a Bug plugin needs to send reports to GitHub instead. (scijava/scijava-plugins-issues-github)
- Integrate PyImageJ with the ImageJ launcher.
- Rich Image. Improve the ImageJ Common data model to support metadata (e.g., spatial transformations) as a first-class citizen. (imagej/imagej-common@rich, imagej/janelia-hackathon-2016)
- SCIFIO blockization. (scifio/scifio#283)
- ImageJ Launcher. Switch to a JavaFX-based native launcher. Retire the current ImageJ Launcher. (imagej/imagej-launcher#33)
I also have the following continuous priorities:
- Project management tasks (e.g., managing issues)
- Coordinating efforts and mentoring programmers at LOCI
- Server maintenance and troubleshooting
- User support: questions on the Image.sc Forum, bug reports, pull requests, email
Recommended development tools
So you want to be an effective software developer? Use tools!
||Vrapper||Vim-fu inside Eclipse – almost as good as the real thing|
|Enhanced Class Decompiler||Automatic decompilation when browsing classes in Eclipse|
|Vim||Great editor. Crazy fast macros||Vundle||Manage your vim plugins like a boss|
|vim-sensible||Defaults everyone can agree on|
|vim-airline||Lean & mean status/tabline that's light as air|
|vim-fugitive||A Git wrapper so awesome, it should be illegal|
|vim-repeat||Repeating supported plugin maps with "."|
|vim-surround||Quoting/parenthesizing made simple|
|See also my .vimrc|
|Zsh||Awesome shell – even better than bash||zgen||Lightweight plugin manager|
Your terminal never felt this good before:
|zsh-syntax-highlighting||Syntax highlights commands as you type them|
|zsh-history-substring-search||Better command history navigation|
|zsh-completion||Even more and better tab completions|
|See also my .zshrc|
|Git||It is worth the pain, I promise||myrepos||Commit, push & pull across repositories en masse|
|See also my .gitconfig|
|GitHub||If you don't have a GitHub account, you don't exist|
|Maven||Build reusable software components|