If you have Flex files from an older Opera system, you may receive a message from Bio-Formats stating that you need a LuraWave LWF license code to decode these files.
Decoding Flex files using the MBF distribution
Steps to use:
- Download ImageJ 1.x and unpack it
- Download the MBF Plugins Collection
- Merge the MBF plugins into your ImageJ 1.x folder
- Use File › Open… to convert your .flex files to OME-TIFF using Bio-Formats
Unfortunately, for legal reasons, we cannot elaborate on the technical details of how the MBF collection provides this functionality, nor can we legally make this feature available within ImageJ2 or Fiji.
Purchasing your own license
Alternately, the LuraWave decoder is proprietary software which you can (theoretically) purchase from LuraTech. However, we do not know the details of who to contact, nor how much it costs to do so.
- OME Blog - Supporting complex formats - what we will and won’t do, and what you can do to help
- Why scientists should use open source software